The governance white paper is now available for discussion. When making posts please remember to follow the house rules. Please also take time to read the full pdf before commenting and where possible refer to one or more of section titles, pages and line numbers to make it easy to cross-reference your comment with the document.
The recommendations are reproduced below:
1. Efforts should be made to capitalise on the efforts of existing and ongoing projects
2. A Steering Committee should be established, to be composed of the chairs of the various working level groups established to conduct the various elements of the work, to include experts from outside the climate science community, and a number of ‘project evangelists’.
3. The steering committee should have designated authority to make reasonable choices to allow for flexibility and efficacy.
4. The steering committee should annually report to stakeholder bodies on the basis of a single annual report.
5. A small number (3-5) of ‘project evangelists’ should be identified and mandated to proactively engage with external stakeholders and facilitate effective two-way communications
6. Findings and conclusions should be reported in the scientific literature and at relevant conferences